August has come and gone, what goals are you closer to achieving?
Just as I’ve done for the last several months, I’m happy to share some blog statistics for August. I’ve received a ton of positive feedback for sharing these in the past – so I hope you find it useful.
If you have any suggestions on what to include, just let me know!
- Blog traffic was up 3% from July. I’m glad to be turning the trend around from the last couple of months, even if only a modest increase.
- I started using a plugin called OptinSkin (no affiliate link) that has increased my email subscriber list by 24% since July.
- I started a new blog series on creating a Killer Resume. I’m planning on it taking 14 weeks, which I’ll later expand and turn into a workbook.
- I consolidated my Resume Tune Up & Interview Like A Rock Star services into my coaching packages. The Resume Tune Up was the first product I created and sold online, so it wasn’t an easy decision. However, it’s the natural next step as my coaching business grows.
- My bounce rate was down slightly (1 percentage point) in July.
- Connections with my readers and other bloggers continue to be far more important than any blog statistic out there.
I published 12 posts in August. Using a combination of page views and comments, the five most popular posts were:
- What To Do Instead of Searching Job Boards (from August 2013)
- Killer Tricks & Tips I Learned While Updating My LinkedIn Profile (from May 2013)
- 14 Days To A Killer Resume – Day 1: Relax (from August 2013)
- How To Get Your Resume Noticed (Guest Post by Dan Erickson from May 2013)
- Are You Afraid To Sell? (from August 2013)
My personal favorite? How Most Students Waste School. If you missed it, I encourage you to check it out.
I didn’t feature any guest posts in August.
If you’re interested in guest posting, please see my guidelines here.
- 30% was direct (i.e. used a bookmark or typed address in browser)
- 25% was from search engines
- 14% was from LinkedIn
- 6% was from Facebook
- 5% was from Google +
Top Affiliate Sales
- No big news here…
- I discovered how easy it is to find really great (not to mention free) photos in the Creative Commons. I was purchasing photos from Fotolia (which I still do occasionally) so this saves some cash!
- I learned that 8BIT, the company behind my blog’s theme, has gone out of business. I had purchased “lifetime support” but wasn’t expecting such a short lifetime! I’m currently looking for a new theme with support available.
What I’m Working On
- I’ve hit the pause button on creating a webinar in favor of some other projects. I still think there is something there worth doing, but I don’t have it worked out quite yet.
- I’m working full out on my Killer Resume series and creating the workbook as I go. I’m hoping to have it available for sale here by the end of November. Keep me accountable on that one!
What would you like to see more of here? What is one thing I could change that would instantly make this blog better? If you are a blogger, what was your best post? Please let me know in the comments!